A Golden Meal

P1060932-001 - Mark Berkery

P1060619-001 - Mark Berkery

P1090342 - Mark Berkery

P2220347 - Mark Berkery

P1060497-001 - Mark Berkery

See the Sun rise through the trees, feel the wind blow all a-flutter, flowers reaching for the light, the smell of rain soaked earth, sounds of various birds a-stutter. It’s nice walking in the garden early morning in the still cool shade of the paperbark trees greeting, in a certain way, the emergents of my little patch.

It’s a matter of acknowledgment, if I don’t give my little earth attention it will surely die. As it appears to be on the grand scale by the world’s exclusive focus on making money, the acquisition of power and influence over people and things that means nothing ever really changes for the good, and means little to nothing in itself.

***

The simple good that any man or woman can realize in their ordinary life, given time and reminded to – by words such as these perhaps. And that’s the simple truth, you can observe the utter insanity of ‘Our Way of Life’ – on the TV or inside, because ‘we’ made it, that’s just knowing your self – and still nurture the space of inner peace by deliberately giving the rest of your available attention to the reciprocal as the simple earth.

Knowing what you are doing.

***

The garden and its colours and forms, the smell of flowering plants calling through the air, feel the elements of heat, cool and wind. And when that’s not nearby focusing on the simple sensation inside will make it easier to do the next time.

A reminder in a world of distraction, if you need it – Meditate.

Mark Berkery … CLICK any picture to enlarge in a new tab, they do look better bigger – FireFox – for me

1. Emma Tait said, on 03/12/2013 at 10:28 am

Wow Mark! I always look forward to your posts and always open them with eager expectation of some mind blowing pictures. I hope it’s ok but I repost a link to your blog (to encourage people to check out your blog) on a Facebook page I manage for Natura Education. I also add some of your pictures to get people’s attention. We deliver environmental education programs to children.

• Mark said, on 03/12/2013 at 11:07 am

Thanks Emma. When I was a kid nature was my solace, where I found peace from the noise of the world. So pass it on, of course it’s ok for the kids, it’s good for them, especially the burdened ones … And if any kids want to download my pix for their desktop (or such) they have my permission. We all need occasional reminders of what is truly important.

2. kerlund74 said, on 03/12/2013 at 6:02 am

Great macro shots:) Beautiful light and colors!

3. Gunilla Bäck said, on 02/12/2013 at 5:00 am

Awesome shots!

4. Godfried said, on 02/12/2013 at 2:26 am

Love the spider pictures.

• Mark said, on 02/12/2013 at 10:25 am

Male and female there, same Lynx species …

5. standingoutinmyfield said, on 01/12/2013 at 11:23 pm

Thanks for the reminder :)

6. terraburrah said, on 01/12/2013 at 10:17 pm

I love bugs. I think they’re beautiful. Your photographs prove it. Thanks, Mark

7. afrenchgarden said, on 01/12/2013 at 9:36 pm

I love the natural world but today I am glad that technology has allowed me to read your words. Definitely a day to focus.

• Mark said, on 02/12/2013 at 10:23 am

Yes, same here – is why I write for it …

8. Deb said, on 01/12/2013 at 6:11 pm

Beautiful as always!

9. Emily Heath said, on 01/12/2013 at 6:06 pm

You’re right, we can each do a lot by nurturing our little pieces of earth and paying attention to the natural world around us. It would be a great loss to no longer have the fascinating creatures you photograph.

• Mark said, on 01/12/2013 at 9:24 pm

It would indeed Emily. We actually can’t do without them, contrary to prevailing prejudice.

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 6,674 other followers