New Born – Again

P2220217 - Mark Berkery

P1070714-001 - Mark Berkery

P1070971-001 - Mark Berkery

P2220240 - Mark Berkery

My little Fire Tail Resin Bees – entertainment for the day.

Just before I started putting mesh net over the buckets of water in the garden, to keep drinking insects/bees from drowning, I found this new-born Orange Tailed Resin Bee floundering. So I picked it up and brought it back to where it had recently emerged, to rest and recover out of harms way, on the bee hotel hanging under the veranda.

It was a bit stunned to begin with, shocked and recovered from near death, but soon took to exploring the wood and holes drilled in it for nesting bees. You know it’s a new born by its relative size. I do.

Born Again. Looking at the term, from King James bible, by the man Jesus apparently, speaking of what it is to be born again; “The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.” Clearly there is no past or future, thinking and imagination, trying or hoping, no deceit, cunning or self delusion – all born of the past or reaching for a future – of any sort, in Spirit. And Spirit begins in sense.

Not an easy job for man or woman, to get back to sense, the work still needing to be done – the negation of self to the realisation of the one real moment Spirit is, now.

Nature has no such impediment, born anew every moment at source, free of the reflective element that gives rise to the need to master self.

© Mark Berkery … CLICK any picture to enlarge in a new tab …

1. esprit nomade said, on 12/07/2014 at 5:21 am

Hi Mark,
    I’ve just discovered your blog! A great lesson of photography! Your pictures of nature are extraordinary! I look at it and can feel the matter. Details, colors and sharpness are just perfect! . It makes my day! Thank you so much!!!

• Mark said, on 12/07/2014 at 6:16 am

Hello Marie. Nature, it’s the stuff we are made of …

• esprit nomade said, on 12/07/2014 at 6:35 pm

Certainly! People should never forget that!

• Mark said, on 16/07/2014 at 2:41 pm

But they do Marie. People have forgotten it for so long now they don’t even know what it means any more. Nature is the forms of life rising from the reality behind, or inside, which begins with the sensation (of tingling) anybody can feel when time is given to it – the mind slows and attention becomes more acute. But it’s so boring to the ever excitable mind.

2. Rob Taylor said, on 26/04/2014 at 5:19 am

The composition of these photos is excellent….great work….

3. margotheli said, on 16/03/2014 at 3:45 am

I love your camera jajaja, beautiful images

4. vastlycurious.com said, on 05/03/2014 at 2:13 pm

Amazing macros indeed!

5. Fossillady said, on 05/03/2014 at 10:35 am

Wonderful presentation!

6. Tammie said, on 03/03/2014 at 1:35 am

wonderful thoughts to consider
    deep passion can bring us into the moment, sometimes without thought
    lost or melding in what is

such lovely images of your little neighbor
    he must love your hotel

• Mark said, on 05/03/2014 at 12:23 am

Thanks Tammie. They are probably all females at the hotel, with males hanging about somewhere close by – only without thought.

7. treesshrubs said, on 01/03/2014 at 9:09 am

Amazing ….. as usual ! I’d never heard of a bee hotel either. I love it that there is always more to learn. Thank you Trees

8. mazza18467 said, on 01/03/2014 at 2:31 am

beautifull pics.

9. grantarot said, on 28/02/2014 at 10:39 pm

Delightful images Mark.

10. woodlandgnome said, on 28/02/2014 at 2:51 am

Beautiful creature, Mark, so happy you were able to save it and let it fulfill its purpose. And such a lovely meditation. Thank you for sharing this today. WG

• Mark said, on 28/02/2014 at 9:29 am

Indeed they are. It’s easy to save a small life, for a while … … after the edit. Thanks Elizabeth.

11. dadirri7 said, on 27/02/2014 at 9:13 pm

Mark, you are a wonder, your bees exquisite, and I am off to look at the bee hotel … thanks for explaining that verse to me, the meaning is so clear now, born of the spirit being in the moment … in fact I heard Robyn Davidson talking to Margaret Throsby today saying how she just bled out into the space around her while walking in the desert, and how it changed her, how she loves that way of being, and she never really came back to her previous way of being … made me think of being global and being local, in the sense of one of unconstricted, without time, loving and peaceful, the other is contained and subject to past and present … sorry for my ravings xx

• Mark said, on 27/02/2014 at 10:16 pm

Hi Christine. People from all places and times have realised space, timelessness, no-thing in the most unlikely places doing the most unlikely things. It puts the ‘spiritual’ back where it belongs, with ordinary men and women – not to be appropriated by priests, ‘those who know better’.

12. smihlenfeld said, on 27/02/2014 at 2:29 pm

I promise I am not missing the point of this post (a point I love by the way) bit I have to ask about the bee hotel! I’ve never heard of one! And your pictures are amazing.

• Mark said, on 27/02/2014 at 2:56 pm

Thanks Stacy. It’s ok if you do, a beach is made up of grains of sand … I had a recent visitor who …

This http://onbeingmark.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/p1060403-mark-berkery.jpg is the smaller one of the three bee hotels hanging under my veranda. The holes are mostly filled with larva and the entrances plugged now, plugged with resin by the Fire Tail Resin bee, bees being born one at a time. Other bees and flying creatures nest here too.

Here http://beingmark.com/2012/12/19/ are some mature females finishing off the nest entrances with another new born about to emerge.

• smihlenfeld said, on 27/02/2014 at 3:08 pm

This is so cool! Thank you for sharing more post/pictures. I’m absolutely fascinated.

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 7,428 other followers