Introducing …

… variations in form, of one life.

Wild, instinctive little biological robots at work and play, or just being what they are.

P1150578_Mark Berkery_filtered

Jumping Spider sitting on bamboo stake, overseeing …

*Click the pictures for a better view.

P1160567_Mark Berkery_filtered NI_2

Chafer – Flower – Beetle, belatedly found the one piece of banana in the garden.

P1160434_Mark Berkery_filtered NI_2

Weevil on the orange, on a bamboo stake.

P1160431_Mark Berkery_filtered NI_2

Tiny female Fly laying into the ageing lemon on a stake.

P1160532_Mark Berkery_filtered NI_2

Daisies, a popular roost for flies at night. This one preening after a good poo, like people do.

P1160387_Mark Berkery_filtered NI_2

Tiny Bee roosting on the aromatic dried out Basil.

P1160506_Mark Berkery_filtered NI_2

Injured or deformed Hopper, same spot for a week. The one on the left is how they look normally.

And not one problem between them … evidently.

© Mark Berkery ……. Click on those pictures for a closer look

1. Walking My Path: Mindful Wanderings in Nature said, on 30/07/2016 at 9:01 am

I always love your pictures. These are no exception. So clear, with a lot of depth of field. You always capture their personalities. Weevils always crack me up for some reason. Must be their proboscises.
    Thanks Mark.
    Mary

• Mark said, on 30/07/2016 at 8:35 pm

Thanks Mary. They are funny looking I suppose, just not to a weevil I bet.

2. Lissa said, on 30/07/2016 at 8:08 am

Splendid. The deformed Hopper – did the other Hopper stay nearby or were you just lucky to catch the two together briefly? Reminds me of the little Mynahs when their buddies get squashed by cars trying to revive their friends/rellies.

• Mark said, on 30/07/2016 at 8:34 pm

The second came and went. The other is gone now too. These gather along the new branches of the yellow butterfly bush.

3. Cate said, on 30/07/2016 at 6:34 am

“And not one problem between them … evidently.” My, how we could learn from them! I especially like the lead photo of that lovely little spider, Mark. But all beautiful, as always.

• Mark said, on 30/07/2016 at 8:32 pm

WE do, don’t we, by observing it. Realising it is another matter. Thanks Cate.

4. standingoutinmyfield said, on 29/07/2016 at 8:29 pm

Gorgeous photos! I think the hopper is molting…

• Mark said, on 30/07/2016 at 8:31 pm

Thanks. If it is I think it’s stuck, five or so days like that without any change doesn’t make sense.

5. gwenniesworld said, on 29/07/2016 at 3:36 pm

impressive but SCARYYYYYY !!!!

6. Awesome! I love jumping spiders and have some fossilized ones in amber from millions of years ago. They are cute and magnificent! :)

7. David said, on 29/07/2016 at 11:13 am

I never thought of a jumping spider as having a personality, just an urge to jump onto my camera lens. However, if they do posses such a thing, you captured it in your photo. I din’t think I’ve ever seen any spider photo before that displayed what appears to be a personality.

• Mark said, on 29/07/2016 at 12:32 pm

Thanks David. I think it’s just the way they are designed – for want of a better word.

8. macmsue said, on 29/07/2016 at 9:42 am

Great photos, as expected! Now I’m going to put a half orange outside to see if anything is tempted to investigate it though it’s so cold now I can’t imagine what bugs would be about.

• Mark said, on 29/07/2016 at 12:30 pm

Orange, lemon, banana, whatever is handy really. Once it starts ageing something will come to investigate, as long as there is some nature about. Thanks Mac …

9. bodyandsoulnourishmentblog said, on 29/07/2016 at 9:19 am

Thanks for showing us this world of tiny creatures in such incredible detail! Beautiful pictures!

• Mark said, on 29/07/2016 at 12:29 pm

Thanks Amira. It is amazing, the form and detail of these creatures.

10. woodlandgnome said, on 29/07/2016 at 5:53 am

Beautiful photos!

11. Sally said, on 29/07/2016 at 5:52 am

Mark, your featured image of the jumping spider is extraordinary. (Can you tell I like those little guys?) It took my breath away. The little headlight eyes, fuzzy legs … amazing detail. Thanks for this.