Mother Wasp

1. kim blades, writer said, on 18/03/2017 at 9:26 pm

Wasps are a strange combination of prehistoric and futuristic in the design of their bodies. Great photos!

• Mark said, on 18/03/2017 at 9:55 pm

Nature runs the gamut of form from the beginning of time, they just got smaller, I think.

Thanks Kim.

2. cherylcapaldotraylor said, on 18/03/2017 at 12:37 am

These are really great close-ups. I like the eye detail, crosshatching, in the first picture!

• Mark said, on 18/03/2017 at 7:10 am

Thanks Cheryl. When I see an eye I (nearly) always look at what, if anything, is on the other side of it …

3. wordwitch88 said, on 17/03/2017 at 10:42 pm

Gorgeous – and wow, what an event indeed. You must have the stars watching out for you, right place and right time etc. and an incredible amount of patience – bravo – and thank you for sharing with the world :)

• Mark said, on 18/03/2017 at 7:05 am

Thanks WW … I think once you put in the work and are available (ready and present) to express what’s been absorbed opportunities present, naturally. No impatience required. :-)

• wordwitch88 said, on 18/03/2017 at 9:08 am

I agree – but many don’t understand what’s required or involved, given the nature of “quick shots” etc. So seeing this kind of work, and the quality? Amazing :)

• Mark said, on 18/03/2017 at 3:01 pm

Yes, it can look easy … Amazing that we have such a fascinating nature, and the means to ‘snapshot’ some of it.

• wordwitch88 said, on 18/03/2017 at 11:45 pm

True – the world of images waiting for our time and attention is incredible, and as one who spent years running around with a camera, and sometimes waiting, observing the slightest nuances, i.e. cloud cover and shifting formations as they change a ground scene from well lit to shadowed etc., I still marvel at work like yours. It’s truly stunning.

May your eyes and lenses always see in wonder and delight!

4. David Herman said, on 17/03/2017 at 8:56 am

a beautiful lady ! Stunning captures Mark

5. Walking My Path: Mindful Wanderings in Nature said, on 17/03/2017 at 6:29 am

Very cool!

6. Graham said, on 17/03/2017 at 6:01 am

Fabulous pictures as always, Mark. I love the little drop of moisture on there too.

• Mark said, on 17/03/2017 at 12:14 pm

Thanks Graham. That’s the one rescued from the water.